I’ve been in a bit of a house cleaning mood lately, going through all my social networking sites, deleting contacts, streamlining features, etc. So as I was working on my Facebook page, I came across this note: “25 Random Things about Me: A Work in Progress”
So I’m sure everybody is curious about yours truly, so here goes my 25 things with some editing, since I wrote this list in 2009:
1. I love love love my three kids. Without them, life has no meaning.
2. I was known as the BS meter.
3. I studied English and Art History in college and worked in two museums during my early career.
4. With that said, my dream job would involve working with post-modern art (and now photography) in a gallery setting.
5. I met my (now ex-)husband in Hyde Park…c’est si bon
6. I don’t speak French at all.
7. I can, however, fake at speaking Spanish.
8. I was a bit of a nerd and a jock in high school.
9. I have bad knees and ankles because of my jocki-ness.
10. I love I love my locs…have had them since 2002, and I don’t plan on ever doing anything different with my hair. Besides their current color, they’ve been jet black, Red Hot Mary, and platnium blond. I should have loc’d my hair long time ago.
11. I love my tattoos. I have 6 and plan on getting more. Update: I have twice this number plus some.
12. If you want to get a rise out of me, take my BlackBerry and my iPod.
13. I love House Music, and I love to dance to House Music.
14. I love rap and Hip Hop…and jazz music.
15. Chicago is always gonna be home….”and they say Chi-City…”
16. But NYC is my adopted home. I can’t imagine living anywhere else right now, so don’t ask me to consider other options.
17. My new word is jawn. Look it up and use it in a sentence sometime. (thanks…you know who you are)
18. I don’t do well when I have to sit for long periods of time.
19. If you wanna do something nice for me, bake me some oatmeal raisin cookies, preferably with chocolate chips and walnuts or pecans.
20. One of my dreams is to travel extensively overseas.
21. I have begun studying western astrology. I’m a Virgo sun, Sagittarius moon, Cancer rising with Venus in Leo and a lot of other planets in Virgo. I’m not compatible with anyone in particular. UPDATE – I found out that I was very wrong about this compatibility claim. *clearing throat*
22. I don’t wear high heels unless there’s a damn good reason.
23. I never really liked being tall.
24. I miss my days at Northwestern (really???). UPDATE – no, I don’t miss my days at NU. Although I love saying that NU is my alma mater.
25. I don’t however, miss paying back my student loans.
So now you know 25 more things about me that you didn’t know yesterday. You get a gold star!