We’ve come to the end of another week, a week, that, I must say, was anticlimactic compared to the weather rollercoaster we in the Northeast were subjected to last week!
The good thing is, summer is winding down and it’s time to look forward to fall here in the United States. I can feel it in the air already!
I’ve always loved the transition from summer to fall, and last year, I took a number of photos on the streets of Jersey City NJ that documented that change, including the one below. For me, nothing beats cooler weather, football and the leaves on the trees changing from green to brilliant reds, yellows and oranges.
As I’ve reported before, here and on my Facebook page, September is my birthday month! And, my birthday actually falls on the 15th! So, I was sitting here, really pleased to have gotten my 90th like and was wondering: Wouldn’t it really be really nice to get to 100 likes on my page before the 15th, which is in less than 2 weeks? I say 10 days but it’s really 10 business days. In the big scheme of things, I guess it doesn’t really matter. And yes. I sit at home and think these things up all by myself in the wee morning hours.
That’s how committed I am to this photography thing. I’m not one of these fancy photographers with like 2 gazillion fans, or anything. I’m really humbled and grateful for all the support I’ve received over the past year or so since I started photo blogging. It tells me that I am on the right path and I just have to keep plugging away.
And to the 90 folks who have liked my page, THANK YOU!!! I really, truly appreciate all the support and encouragement and feedback I’ve received from you along the way. It means the world to me!
With that said, I’d like to have more people along for the ride, so I offer my Top 10 reasons why you, the unconvinced, should like my page:
- Because it only takes 10 seconds to do. You click the link, go to my page, and click the Like button. The end. And I get a notification and then I shout you out on my page and make you feel all special and glittery and singled-out, like a celebrity! How awesome is that?
- Because it’s becoming a pretty interesting and diverse community of artists, photography lovers, and friends of those of us who love photography. If you haven’t been following along, there’s so much you’re missing, because there is a lot that I feature on my page that I don’t talk about on my blog.
- Because you like me. Or at least I thought you did. I’ll know for certain that you really like me if you liked my page.
- Because I like you. A lot.
- Because it’s a great place to talk about street photography, which is my primary interest. And, I feature a lot of images that don’t make it to the blog. You may be missing quite a bit and you don’t even know how much!
- Because I don’t take photography so seriously that I forget that it’s all about passion and creativity and emotional connections between the image maker and the subject and the viewer. There’s going to be very little technical talk on my page.
- Because my page features photography that documents my time spent in three states! Three! Count them: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania!
- Because I also like to link to other interesting photography-related and cultural/social interest blogs and websites. It’s not always about me and my work, because I believe that my work is constantly being informed and influenced by the world around me.
- Because once I get to 100 I’ll be quiet for a little while. And….
- Because it will be a great birthday gift to me!
Just so you know…. I’m planning something special for the 100th person to like my page, so stay tuned. I’ll have more details to share with you next week.
In the meantime, peace and blessings, and to all my friends and supporters in the US, have a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend!