From the Friends of Vernon Park website:
Countdown to Germantown Day will be held exactly 6 months prior to the 330 year Anniversary of the founding of Germantown. This event will serve as a community gathering celebrating Germantown’s past, present and future.
Countdown to Germantown Day | April 6, 2013 | 1-5 pm | Vernon Park (5800 Germantown Avenue, Phila PA 19144)
- Historic Germantown
- Germantown Artist Roundtable
- The Big Picture Alliance
- Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation
- Fairmount Park Conservancy
- State Representative Stephen Kinsey
- Councilwoman Cindy Bass
- Dana Scherer Photography
- The Germantown Life Enrichment Center
- Acclaim Academy
- G-Town Restoration CDC
- The Germantown Artists Roundtable
Explore all that Germantown has to offer, right inside the Park! Live music, poetry and dance, children’s activities, historic sites sharing stories, artifacts and mini exhibits, nearby food vendors, interactive art projects and so much more.
Please spread the word, this event is all about coming together as a community to celebrate Germantown!