Join us this Saturday, August 10th from 10:00 am – 4:00pm for another great ‘Behind the Fence’ Festival at Wyck!
The theme for this month is: “Homegrown: Food Roots, Culture, and Community.”
10-11am: 2 Garden Yoga sessions, 1 for kids taught by our friend Deirdre Vezirov-Kilkenny and an adult session with instructor and Wyck caretaker Dawn Reid
11am: See a bee hive opened followed by a presentation on pollination and cooking with Honey by Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild President Suzanne Matlock.
- local food truck and friend Zea May’s (11-4)
- Italian chocolate chip and blackberry sorbetto by Capogiro Gelato
- A food donation by Miss Rachel’s Pantry
- LIVE ve demos using early American and Native American foodways with Heart to Hearth Cookery.
LIVE MUSIC: Local Germantown singer/songwriter, Dawn Hiatt- folk, folk-rock
ART: Local Social Change Photographer, Tieshka Smith will showcase photos from Wyck’s farm as well as begin the dialogue for a larger exhibition on Hunger in Germantown.
- Recipes with Rose Hips with Elizabeth Belk, Wyck Horticulturalist
- Meet our Wyck Chickens with egg collecting and feedings
- Farm Tours with farmer Katie
- Buy Raw Local Germantown Honey from WeBee brothers
- Buy homemade Goats Milk Soap from Shady Apple Goats and weather permitting meet two goats, Clover and Buckwheat!
- Edible Weed Walk through the property to the Community Garden across from Face to Face Gtown
- Pickling demos with food blogger Amanda Phickle, learn and take home and try for yourself!
Visit with our Community Sponsor Weavers Way to see a presentation by Equal Exchange, buy WW Pickles, learn about the COOP and where your food comes from!
In addition we welcome GUCDC, MANNA, The Health Promotion Council, and Time4Time
And don’t forget to explore the 323 year old Wyck House and see some of the seed catalogs and unique items from the collections.
For more information: Contact: Bob McKee, firstname.lastname@example.org (215) 848-1690
- Join Me at the Wyck Historic House in Germantown for Summer Storytelling “Behind the Fence,” July 13 2013! (tieshkasmithphotography.wordpress.com)
- The Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild Reveals Apiaries Around Town With Its Annual Self-Guided Urban Hive Crawl This Saturday, August 10 (uwishunu.com)